I have now moved into the main Volunteer House and I feel so fancy!
I have a room all to myself (so much yay!), it’s on the first floor (only up two small flights of stairs!) and the house is close enough to my NGO placement that I can bike home for lunch (this vastly improves on the packed lunches!).
Luxurious fixtures in my new room:
- A mirror in the bathroom
- I can leave the toilet paper in the bathroom without it getting wet
- A place to hang my towel in the bathroom
- A shelf in the bathroom!!
- A mosquito screen over the window above the bed
- A shelving unit to put clothes on!
I’ve also acquired a bicycle, thanks to a previous volunteer who left it behind so I can ride to my placement every day (it takes about 15 minutes).